Here are 11 reasons why you should consider listing your home during the holidays instead of waiting until next spring:
1. Buyers are more serious during the holidays. Think about it. Why would a buyer be spending their holidays looking at homes? Because they’re more serious about getting a deal done. There might be fewer showings, but the showings you do have will be with serious buyers.
2. There is less competition. Most homeowners will wait until next year to list. If you go on the market now, your competition won’t be there and it could be your golden chance to get your home sold for top dollar.
3. The supply will increase in 2019. Starting in the first quarter of next year, there are going to be many more homes hitting the market than what’s available now. If you are able to list during the holidays while there is still low inventory, you have an advantage.
4. Homes show better during the holidays. Most communities are decorated and it gives buyers that feel-good feeling.
5. Holiday sales happen quickly. Most buyers during this time of year want their search to be over with and they are most likely willing to pay the price to get the process over with.
6. Buyers have time off. With vacations and holidays, buyers have more time off to be able to visit your home and look at your property during the holidays as compared to other business hours.
7. Some buyers need to buy before the end of the year. Buyers are more inclined to buy before the end of the year to take advantage of tax benefits in 2019.
8. Buyers who are being relocated are on the market now. To capture this group of buyers who are starting a new job in a new city, you have to be on the market now.
9. You have the option to restrict showings. You don’t have to show your home on Christmas or New Years. You can restrict showings during this time, allowing you to enjoy your holidays.
10. You can list with a higher sale price. With fewer properties on the market, you can increase your price because of the limited inventory. You can also delay your closing until after the holidays.
11. By selling now, you can be a non-contingent buyer in the spring. Since there will be more inventory in spring, this helps you sell high and buy low, which is one of the best strategies possible for move-up buyers.
I hope this information is useful for you. If you have any questions about selling during the holidays or about anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.